The scent of freshly cut grass is in the air, the British weather is characteristically ambivalent and you’ve noticed strawberries appearing in abundance at your local farmers market; it can only mean one thing, wonderful Wimbledon has arrived. We want you to get the most out of Wimbledon this year – fail to prepare and you prepare to fail – and no one wants that – least of all us, so here’s our mini guide to the best way to do Wimbledon 2017
- Send our fantastic SW19 Tennis pop-up card to celebrate 140 years of Wimbledon; the oldest tennis tournament in the world. Need we say more – Yes? Oh, okay then – Wimbledon is regarded as the most prestigious out of the bunch so serve up something special with our greeting card. It’s ace!
- Get involved. Whilst thwacking a yellow ball back and forth over a net may not seem like your idea of fun, believe us it is addictively enjoyable – not to mention cathartic. It’s accessible for all with options of smaller courts, sound balls and tennis chairs. Lessons take place year round up and down the country and it’s easy to find your local club. It doesn’t hurt to look a tad savvy whilst doing it either, if you’re of the female form Sweaty Betty has you covered. You’re welcome.
- Strawberries and Cream, but not as you know it. There’s no way we could leave this one out – Haagen-Dazs, the official ice cream of Wimbledon have created this delightfully tasty strawberries and cream combo for you to wrap your taste buds around and they’re serving it around the country for the duration of the tournament. Keep an eye on their Instagram to find out where.
- Weather proof yourself. Look cutting edge and cool whatever the weather with Warrior, the unisex offering from Norwegian Rain . Extreme breathability in any weather, water repellent and Japanese hi-tech fabrics, it’s everything you need for a match on centre court.
- Big Screen It. Try something different this year. Get together a group of your coolest friends (hint…send our SW19 card as the invite), order a luxury hamper from The British Hamper Company and uber your way along to Duke of York Square. Strawberries & Screen are screening the finals, July 14 – 16; and you can even book VIP front row seats. You’ll delight in Wimbledon fever with the sun on your skin (hopefully), your best buds and the new ones you’ll have made of course, a Pimms in hand from Partridges pop-up bar and your quintessentially British hamper of fine food .