Definitions and interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to Cardology Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Cardology Ltd, we or us
Cardology Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 08997377 whose registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU
- User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (I) employed by Cardology Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (II) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Cardology Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and;
The website that you are currently using, www.cardology.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information (such as address, email addresses and telephone numbers);
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Cardology Ltd is the “data controller”,
6. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, you Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
7. All personal data is stored securley in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security)
8. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons;
- Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- Allowing the user to set up an account within the Website to speed up the checkout process and allow the User to access Order History,
- Allowing the user to proceed successfully through the check out process and to ensure orders are sent to the correct shipping address.
9. Cardology Ltd will use a secure payment gateway provider during the Checkout process to ensure User financial information is kept safe and secure as possible.
10. We do not store debit or credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
Third party websites and services
11. Cardology Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website,
Links to other website
|Google Analytics||Persistent||1 year||To help us improve our site and to better understand how people use our site, we use Google Analytics. Most websites use an analytics program. The collected data is anonymous, it does not identify you as an individual in any way. IT helps us identify how many people visit our site, which country they are from, how many pages they visited, how fast our site loaded, and so on.
14. To help make our website more responsive to your needs, we will collect personal information about you through the use of a standard feature of browser software nicknamed ‘Cookies’, which we will send to your PC from this Website. A Cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the Cookie to you.
16. We use temporary or “session”-based cookies that contain certain information about a user’s or visitor’s use of our website at a particular time. Session-based cookies are automatically disabled or deleted when a user of or visitor to our website closes his or her browser software at the end of session.
17. Your internet service provider or your PC instruction manual may provide you with further information how to either set your browser to disable cookies or to inform you when Cookies are set. Please note, by disabling Cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the current or future features of the Website.
Changes of business ownership and control
19. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it,
20. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
21. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following;
22. Use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
23. Sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
24. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
25. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Cardology Ltd (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £10.
26. Data security is of great importance to Cardology Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place a suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
27. If password access if required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
28. We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
31. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy,
You may contact Cardology Ltd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
23rd February 2016