With Christmas right round the corner, you may be dreading the stack of Christmas cards waiting to be written and posted out that last year you swore you would never procrastinate again. We are here to help you to figure out what message to write for anyone and everyone in your life, whether you need a little inspiration or just want to use our pre-made messages!
Sit down with a nice hot drink to get in the festive spirit and peruse our selection of 65+ messages to make tackling your Christmas card to do list the easiest and fastest yet.
What to write in a Christmas card: 65+ helpful Christmas card messages ideas
Have a look through all our messages or jump straight into any section you want by clicking on the links below:
For Family | For Mum / Dad | For Children | For Daughter / Son | For Sister / Brother | For Grandparents | Baby’s First Christmas / New Parents | For Friends / Best Friends | For Boyfriend / Fiancé / Husband | For Girlfriend / Fiancée / Wife | Cute and Romantic | Short and Sweet | Funny | For Teachers | For Neighbours | For Colleagues | Religious | Inspirational | New Year's
Top of many people’s lists are their family Christmas cards, make sure to remind them how much you appreciate them and can’t wait to spend time together this holiday season.
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without family, I am so grateful for you all.
- What more could I want this Christmas then spending it with all of you. Merry Christmas!
- Merry Christmas my lovely family, may this season bring you joy, hope and happiness all year round.
For Mum / Dad
Use these heart-warming messages to let your parents know how loved they are.
- Merry Christmas to the most wonderful mum I could ever ask for, I hope it is everything you ever dreamed of.
- For my brilliant dad, I look forward to spending Christmas with you every year… especially for your awful dad jokes.
- Dear mum and dad, you have made every Christmas so fun, warm and loving and may this Christmas be as memorable as the last. I love you.
Charming messages to get the little ones really excited about Christmas!
Merry Christmas to the most awesome kid ever. You can never be too cool for Christmas cards.
- I hope Santa brings you lots of lovely presents, especially with you being on the top of the nice list!
- Merry Christmas darling, you are the best Christmas gift I could have ever hoped for.
For Daughter / Son
Make your daughter or son feel so special this Christmas through these loving messages.
- Merry Christmas to my beautiful daughter, may the season be as great as you are!
- Merry Christmas to my dearest son. We hope you have as much happiness this Christmas as the happiness you always bring us.
- Although you are an adult now, I will always be your Santa bringing you presents for Christmas day.
For Sister / Brother
These perfect Christmas messages for your siblings are sweet and thoughtful with a dash of humour too.
- Who needs presents when I get to celebrate Christmas with you, although you’re more than welcome to give me both!
- Merry Christmas to my fabulous sister/brother, I can’t wait to keep adding to all our happy Christmas memories together.
- Merry Christmas! Even though we are no longer children, I couldn’t imagine celebrating the holidays without you. Love you sis/bro.
Get your grandparents in the Christmas spirit through these loving and joyful Christmas wishes.
- Merry Christmas to my wonderful grandparents! I was so lucky to be blessed with the best grandparents and you deserve the most joyous Christmas ever.
- You made my childhood such a sweet and happy time, especially at Christmas. Here’s to another great Christmas celebration grandma and grandpa!
- Merry Christmas grandma and grandpa, hope you have a grand Christmas! Can’t wait to see you soon.
Baby’s First Christmas / New Parents
Remember to congratulate any of your friends or family members that have recently become new parents and are celebrating their first Christmas together. How exciting!
- Happy first Christmas as new parents! May this be a very special and memorable Christmas for you and your little one.
- Happy first Christmas with your lovely baby! I can’t wait to see them grow throughout all the Christmases to come.
- As two become three, you are now a family. Wishing you Christmas joy.
For Friends / Best Friends
Friends make up a huge part of Christmas, so here are some lovely messages to celebrate your friendship. Is it really Christmas without your bestie?
- I’m so blessed to have a friend like you, not only at Christmas but all year round. Merry Christmas lovely!
- What more could you want this Christmas then having me as a best friend?!
- Distance and time may separate us but our friendship is eternal. Have a brilliant Christmas!
For Boyfriend / Fiancé / Husband
Why not put really lovey dovey messages in your partner’s Christmas card? They will love it!
- Merry Christmas to the best boyfriend/fiancé/husband! I love you so much and can’t wait to start our own Christmas traditions and family together.
- You’re at the top of my Christmas list this year and always!
- Merry Christmas to my handsome partner in crime! Every day with you always feels like Christmas.
For Girlfriend / Fiancée / Wife
Make your other half feel on top of the world this Christmas with these sweet messages.
- Merry Christmas to my best friend and partner, I feel so blessed to be able to share Christmas with the one I love.
- Are you my secret Santa? Because you’ve given me everything I could ever want.
- Merry Christmas to my beautiful girlfriend/fiancé/wife, you are all I need to make Christmas perfect. See you under the mistletoe?
Cute and Romantic
If you’re looking to add a little romance to your Christmas card message then look no further.
- You are the star of my life, so it only seems right for you to put the star on top of the Christmas tree.
- I must have been extra good this year for Santa to bring me you.
- I hope my Christmas is as happy as the happiness you bring me.
Short and Sweet
Keep your Christmas messages short simple and still make a large impact.
- Let’s make some wonderful Christmas memories together!
- I hope your Christmas is filled with laughter, hugs and happiness.
- May you end this year with the most incredible Christmas memories.
Christmas is a time full of cheesy jokes, so go ahead and add a few in your Christmas cards to make your loved ones smile.
- Remember, Christmas calories don’t count!
- Wishing you a very merry Christmas. It’s time to put on our ugliest Christmas jumpers!
- I don’t know about you but all I want for Christmas is for Santa to pay off my credit card bills…
- I know Christmas wishes are best coming straight from the heart, but it's nice when they come with some cash in there too.
Whether it’s your child’s teacher or your own, don’t forget to wish them a merry Christmas and add a little thank you for all their hard work.
- What I have learnt from you is such a priceless gift, thank you for being a great teacher/tutor! Have a brilliant Christmas and see you in the New Year.
- Merry Christmas! Thank you for being such an amazing, kind teacher to my child, what you have taught them is invaluable and I am very grateful. We look forward to seeing you in 2022, Happy New Year.
- Merry Christmas to a fantastic teacher, have fun and put your feet up!
Don’t forget to send your neighbours a card! That would be awkward in the New Year otherwise…
- Part of what makes our home so lovely for us is having neighbours like you. Have a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- Wishing you a very merry Christmas, I love seeing your spectacular Christmas decorations each year!
- Merry Christmas! Your friendliness makes this such a wonderful neighbourhood to be a part of and your Christmas spirit is infectious. Have an amazing Christmas season and a bright New Year.
Don’t leave your colleagues out in the cold this Christmas; remember to send them a Christmas card!
- I couldn’t ask for a better colleague to have by my side while working, thanks for making work fun (and bearable)! Merry Christmas to you and your family and here’s to a happy, healthy New Year.
- I think we deserve a break this holiday season, don’t you? Time to get out the bubbly and make this a truly, merry Christmas.
- Happy Christmas, I’m looking forward to working together again in the New Year!
Celebrate this holy season with these messages of peace and love.
- May the blessings of Christmas be upon you.
- Wishing you peace and love this Christmas season.
- May God’s love surround you and your family this Christmas season.
Inspirational / Heartfelt
Inspiring and unforgettable Christmas messages that your friends and family will cherish deeply.
- Spending time with you is one of the most precious gifts I have ever received for Christmas.
- Merry Christmas! Surround yourself with what is truly important this Christmas season.
- Wishing you a very merry Christmas, I am so thankful that you are part of my life and that we get to spend this holiday season together.
Remember, it’s always nice to pop a New Year’s message at the end of your Christmas card if you’re not going to see them before then.
- May the New Year be full of aspirations, achievements and adventure.
- None of this 'new year, new me business'. You are already perfect as you are!
- Happy New Year! Here’s to a bright 2022, may all your dreams come true.
So, that's your Christmas card messages sorted for 2021!
We hope you loved the messages and can make good use in your cards to friends and family. Remember, sometimes it’s nice to add a quote onto your card or gift label, check out our top picks for Christmas card quotes for your cards to add a little more pizzazz.
We did a lot of research on this blog to get a feel for the sort of Christmas messages out there, however, all of the above we wrote for you and are original from Cardology.
We took inspiration from amongst others: